Chicken Tenderloins with Butternut Sqash Puree































1 pound Chiken Tenderloin (chicken finger/stir fry cut)
2 Tablespoons Olive oil
2 cups butternut squash puree (use canned pumpkin in you must)
1/4 cream
fresh tarragon
salt
pepper
nutmeg

I usually have a squash cooked and ready to go in my fridge. It is one thing my kids will always eat and it can go sweet or savory into many dishes. I just scooped out the flesh for this dish, simple, rich and lightly sweet. First I cooked the chicken strips in olive oil till browned. I added the squash to warm it up. Take out the chicken and place it on a plate while you work up the sauce. After the squash has warmed through and carmelized a little bit, stir in 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon (dried if you must) and the cream. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add a dash of nutmeg. Plate the chicken on top of the puree. Simple. Yummy. Winter comfort food. Lots of vitamins, too!

No comments: